Radiation Shielding Glass for medical, technical and research applications
Corning®Med-X® Glass is used for providing high-quality, transparent and safe protective shielding against X-ray radiation in medical, technical, and research applications.The high lead and barium content and the wide thickness range provides an optimum shielding against radiation from equipment operating in the 80 to 300 kV range.
• Corning®Med-X® Glass shields against X-Rays from equipment operating
in the 80 to 300 kV range.
• High Barium and lead content in the glass provides optimum protection with excellent visual clarity.
• It is supplied as polished plates cut to customer requirements up to 2800 x 1400 mm, allowing architects to design viewing windows with a wider field of vision.
• It is also available in sizes cut specifically to customer requirements (with cut edges ground or polished and finished with safety chambers).
• Extensive stocks held in all plate sizes and thicknesses at distribution points worldwide, for immediate cutting and dispatch.
• Viewing windows for X-Ray, Angiography Rooms,
• Screens for medical diagnostics.
• Protection windows in laboratories.
• Airport security X-ray screens.
• Lenses for safety goggles.